Monday, August 16, 2010

Why I Can't Stand Politics

 Note: I'm not sure if this is the final draft of this one yet.

A man is being denied his love, not by the one who loves him back but by an observer of the situation-he doesn't like it.
A family is being denied their food because cash is disappearing from the Earth, and the things we eat come from other places now.
A group is being denied acceptance. They were born the same, but as soon as they entered the light, they suppose, something changed.
A world is being denied its breath, the constant beating of its heart is moving faster and faster as the rays of the sun are trapped inside its overheating, overly thirsty body.
And I, my eyes slowly glazing over and starting to wander away from the things I have seen, am being denied my faith in us, to intersect at a point and finally, to move on from all of this.

3 comments:

  1. Excellent post. Very well written and great subject matter. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the title of your blog. Your writing has depth and is very perceptive. Keep it up for sure! - Bill

    ReplyDelete